In accordance with the GRV Hot Weather Policy, Thursday’s meeting at Warrnambool (30 November) has been marked as ‘Hot Weather Affected’ due to the forecasted temperatures of 32 degrees.
As a consequence:
1. Trainers can withdraw any of their greyhounds without penalty prior to the appointed scratching time.
2. The use of barking muzzles are prohibited for both travel and kennelling.
3. Kennels will open 30 minutes earlier than normal.
4. Kennel temperatures to be monitored and recorded.
5. Cooling vests will be available at the catching pen
For detailed weather information please use the following link: http://www.bom.gov.au/places/vic and enter the track location, then selecting the “Detailed 3-Hourly Forecast” option on the right hand side of the page.
The safety and welfare of greyhounds is of paramount concern for GRV in assessing whether a race meeting or individual races on a program should proceed, be delayed or abandoned in hot weather conditions. Greyhound racing or trialling cannot be conducted in Victoria if the temperature exceeds 38 degrees.
Click HERE to read GRV’s Hot Weather Policy.
Click HERE to read GRV’s Transportation of Greyhounds Policy.
Click HERE for information on air conditioning requirements.